This video is actually kind of mocking the idea of a border wall. But the girl here gives you some ideas of what is going on with the border wall and the border in general.
I would make mention that she is factually incorrect about not apprehending any terrorists along this region of the country. On the Mexican site, the US DEA has identified camps where they think there are Middle East Terrorists basing in trying to get over to the US. Also in Juarez, there has been some Middle Easterns detained.
- 6 Middle Eastern men arrested crossing Mexico-Arizona border
- Six Middle Eastern men detained near border – “According to the Department of Homeland Security, border patrol agents detained about one Pakistani per day at the border in 2013.“
- Middle Eastern Men arrested near Mexican border with Steel Cylinders – “In the last year JW has broken a number of stories involving serious terrorist threats on the southern border that were disputed on the record by various Obama administration officials. Among these is an April report—confirmed by high-level Mexican authorities—about ISIS operating camps near the U.S. border in areas known as Anapra and Puerto Palomas west of Ciudad Juárez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.“
Mexican-United States Border Tunnels
Another thing this particular story didn’t hit on much is the narco tunnels between Mexico and the U.S.
(Here is another video from CNN Anderson Cooper walks through one of these tunnels.)
- Cartel smuggling Tunnel discovered under Mexican Border – “There have been well over 200 tunnels discovered along the U.S.-Mexico Border used for illicit purposes since 1990, Breitbart Texas previously reported.”
- Nearly 70 Mexican Border Tunnels discovered in 5 years – “The GAO also found there were 534 detected ultralight aircraft incursions and 309 detected incidents of drug smuggling that involved small fishing vessels. ‘While these methods account for a small proportion of known smuggling, they can be used to transport significant quantities of drugs or for terrorist activity,’ the report noted.“
- Cartels reviving sealed tunnels along U.S.-Mexico border – “Vaughan says the U.S. should attack one of the cartel’s biggest source of finances – human trafficking…. A smugglers’ tunnel that had been shut down but left unfilled on the Mexican side was found to be back in operation in December, the Times reported Sunday. Traffickers have reactivated or tried to reactivate at least four other tunnels in recent years, most recently last month near Tijuana’s airport.“
What I think most news reports skip over is the vast amount of graft within ICE and Border Patrol personnel. I talk with a lot of Mexicans that cross the border, and for some 25 years now, I cannot find a whole lot of people talking about walking across the desert. Basically few do that now. So how do they get across?
You start with Cartels which have their people all over Mexico. An illegal wants to cross, so they put him in a half-way house for a week or so, get all the information about their family, friends, and relatives, and then they make sure it is accurate. Then the cartels use coyotes (human traffickers) to move these people across a regular border crossing point.
The cartel has people follow the ICE agents home at night, and offer them $30,000 to $50,000 dollars in cash. They just put the money in their hands and tell them to think about it. They say yes, and then when the coyote (which is known to the ICE agent) comes across the border at that ICE agent’s station, he will let the next 30 or so people cross with a Mexican library card like it was a US passport or Green Card.
(Note: The McAllen bridge crossing points, Pharr and Hidalgo are where we have crossed most of the time over the past 20 years.
“Mr. Luna (focus Border Patrol agent in the video) is not one bad apple, but is a part of a rate of corruption but that exceeded that of any other US law enforcement agency… More than one agent has been arrested every month over the past 11 years frequently for human or drug trafficking.”)
“Walls don’t do you any good if you can hire somebody to waive you through it.” (quote from the end of video above)
The cartels make these people pay the $15,000 dollars for the crossing over the next year or so, and if they don’t their family pays with cut off fingers and such. Eventually death. The illegals often will pay less if they carry drugs as they go across.
It is a regular policy of the Customs Border crossing to never tell the agents where they are working that day, and they are not supposed to have telephones at work so that they cannot communicate where they are. The Coyotes have to constantly cross back and forth at the border checking which of their corrupted ICE agents are at a particular checkpoint. They also swap agents with trucks in the field and border checkpoints.
Throwing more money and building a physical wall will not stop this. When Obama’s lax policy of non-enforcement of the laws was the law of the day, these ICE agents were making $30,000 or more per week. To pass one group over, that is 30 people x $15,000 or $450,000, and they usually cross two groups per day. So for the drug smugglers, that works out to $328 million a year per coyote. When you consider the extreme risk of moving drugs from the border to some place in the states, and then selling it, again risking being caught or some other drug dealer stealing it, there is a lot of work and risk involved in smuggling drugs. Trafficking in humans (illegals), you get them to Houston and dump them. The only trouble is forcing them to pay. Fear goes a long way in not having to do much to get compliance.