The 6 Rules for More Effective Slide Presentations I would like to recommend this video. Excellent for missionaries who make slide presentations. There are six simple rules. Very helpful. Click here to see the video on this same page.
1. Create a logical flow. Know your single objective, and focus on it. Use three central points. Tell them what you are going to tell them, then tell them. Then tell them what you have told them. Try to tease the audience.
2. The slide must be readable. You don’t have to use complete sentences.
3. Avoid cliched photos.
4. Use one point per slide.
5. Remember that less is more. “Designer knows he has reached perfection, not when he has nothing more to add, but he has nothing more to take away.” What is the one image that communicates the emotional impact that you want to get across. If you put in too much, then the audience gets confused and don’t get the main point, and then they don’t remember hardly anything in all the mass of things presented.
6. Create a handout or resource page. If given before the presentation, then they read ahead. If given beforehand, then give it very minimalist. Better create a resource page where they can resee the slides, see all your resources. Make them give email address before seeing, so you get their email address.
Don’t give center stage to the slides, but make sure you are the center of the presentation not the slides nor any handout.
More Missionary Helps Articles
- How to Create a Good Web page #1
- The 6 Rules for More Effective Slide Presentations
- Duarte – The Secret Structure of Great Talks
- WordPress How-to Boost your Adsense Earnings
- Total Commander File Explorer replacement
- Cargo Cult Gods
- Helping Missionaries: Care Packages?