April 2022 Cox Update is an update on the David and Tule Cox ministry for March and April 2022.
Missionary Update David Cox for March 2022
The Objective for Preaching An exhortation on what is the objective for preaching.
The Objective for Preaching
by David Cox
It is amazing to me just how off-base so many preachers can get. There is a God given purpose for a church to exist. When you think about it, we (pastors and churches) are the work of God. God is not doing much outside of Christians, ministers, and churches. Maybe somebody can make a case that He does work outside of that framework, but for every little bit He works outside of that frame, He works thousands of times more within that frame of the church.
But we need to always keep our heads clear, and focus on what is God’s purpose for us. We can summarize the work of God (done mostly through ministers, members, and the church) as being the salvation of souls, and their edification.
Bad conclusions in Sermons A post on how to end a sermon effectively and biblically.
Cox Prayer Letter February 2022 is a prayer update on the Cox Mexico City missionary ministry in Mexico.
Flawed Modern Missionary Methods Summary: This article is my view of why some of the way we do things in missions today is just wrong.
1) Missionaries are distanced from church people.
2) We expect missionaries to put on a song and dance show for the church people, but the churches never let them actually do what is their ministry.
3) We are locked into a Madison Avenue mentality that says, only with spending a lot of money can you do anything serious.
4) We have distorted and destroyed biblical spirituality.
5) We are experts at missions, all the while never “producing” or “reproducing” ourselves.
Attendance and the Mission Church is an opinion piece about the problem of attendance and our churches in Christianity.
January 2022Cox Prayer Letter January 2022 is the most recent prayer letter for David and Tule Cox missionaries in Mexico City.
Cox Prayer Letter January 2022 is the most recent prayer letter for David and Tule Cox missionaries in Mexico City.