First, an introduction of who I am for those coming to this page from a search. I am a missionary living in Mexico City for the last 25 years. I am not a political analyst, but I am observing what anybody here in Mexico can see. There is a tremendous controversy brewing here in Mexico over the results of this election, and truly, there is a dark cloud over the country of Mexico as Mexico tried to discern (and believe what one side or the other tells them) what is the truth of this election.
Summary: This article is my view of why some of the way we do things in missions today is just wrong.
1) Missionaries are distanced from church people.
2) We expect missionaries to put on a song and dance show for the church people, but the churches never let them actually do what is their ministry.
3) We are locked into a Madison Avenue mentality that says, only with spending a lot of money can you do anything serious.
4) We have distorted and destroyed biblical spirituality.
5) We are experts at missions, all the while never “producing” or “reproducing” ourselves.
This is a news article about an Independent Baptist Missionary couple being murdered by the drug lords in Mexico.
“Thank you very much for your tract Kundalini and Tongues!”
From Nadia Tomazic